Preparing a menu ahead of time can help save you time and money whenever you travel to the campground! Check out this simple and delicious spring camping recipe that is easy to customize for your pick-eaters. Enjoy making this meal around the campfire with your friends and family this spring.
Recipe adapted from one on Delish.com
- 1 bag tortilla chips
- 1 rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 c. red enchilada sauce
- 1 can chopped fire-roasted tomatoes, drained
- 1 can black beans, drained
- Shredded cheddar
- Shredded Monterey Jack
- Fresh tomatoes
- Sour cream
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat.
- Carefully cut meat from the rotisserie chicken. In a large bowl, use two forks to shred the chicken.
- Add enchilada sauce and tomatoes. Stir to combine.
- Cut four large sections of heavy-duty aluminum foil to make the packets and add a scoop of chips to the center.
- Top with the chicken and black beans, then season with salt and pepper. Next, sprinkle cheese on top generously.
- Seal the packets tightly by folding up the sides to meet and crimping along the seams to close.
- Add the packets to the grill and cook for 10-15 minutes, rotating frequently to avoid scorching the chips. You just need to warm the chicken and melt the cheese, so as soon as it looks ready to you, remove it from the grill.
- Serve topped with chopped cilantro, tomatoes, and a scoop of sour cream!
Contact us to find an amazing RV for your travel at Kunes RV!